May Measurement Month
Following the success of May Measurement Month (MMM) in 2017 when over 1.2million people had their blood pressure measured worldwide. On behalf of Stroke Hub Wales we would like to invite you to Cardiff Metropolitan University to have your blood pressure taken as part of an this years international screening initiative – May Measurement Month 2018.
May Measurement Month is run by the International Society of Hypertension with the sole purpose of raising awareness of high blood pressure. Data collected from all over the world will be used to highlight the importance of high blood pressure, to study associations and to motivate governments to improve local screening facilities and policies. Our goal is to help tackle the biggest single contributing risk factor to global death – high blood pressure, which is the number one risk factor for stroke. Your data will of course remain anonymous and absolutely confidential.
The campaign aims are as follows:
- To highlight the importance of measuring blood pressure
- To identify and reduce the BPs of participants from over 100 countries who require intervention.
The campaign objectives:
- To recruit participants, aged >18 years, who ideally have not had their BPs measured in the previous 12 months.
- To supply diet and lifestyle treatment advice to all those screened who have BPs in the Hypertensive range.
- To use the data on untreated hypertension to motivate policy makers and healthcare providers to improve screening services.
There are a number of screening dates available at Cardiff Metropolitan University, (every Wednesday May 9th – May 30th 2018, 9am -5pm, Cardiff Metropolitan University) however, other venues most convenient to you can be on our website www.mmmwales.com
Please see the following link for useful information on directions to Cardiff Metropolitan University http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/about/campuses/Pages/Llandaff-Campus.aspx
You can park on campus as long as you pay and display with a parking permit from reception.
Public car parking is available in Llandaff village and at the Llandaff Rugby Club. https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/near/llandaff-cathedral/?arriving=201709241500&leaving=201709241700
For any other information that you may require about the campaign please visit www.mmmwales.com